Theresa A. Hennessey, MD
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Theresa Hennessey, Assistant Professor, has been with the Department of Orthopaedics since 2006, when she completed her fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics. Her practice is primarily at Shriners Hospital for Children in Salt Lake City. Dr. Hennessey practices General Pediatric Orthopaedics, her areas of particular interest include clubfeet, developmental dysplasia of the hip, Perthes Disease, Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis, limb deformities and deficiencies. She also has experience with skeletal dysplasias, arthrogryposis, cerebral palsy, and foot deformities. Dr. Hennessey is passionate about International Medicine and involved in such work in Nicaragua, Haiti, and Ecuador.
Academic Departments Orthopaedics - Associate Professor (Clinical)
Board Certification American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Graduate Training Dartmouth College/The Dartmouth Institute/Tuck School of Business
Masters of Health Care Delivery Science
Fellowship University of Utah School of Medicine
Residency Case Western Reserve University
Internship Case Western University Hospital
Professional Medical University of Colorado School of Medicine
Undergraduate University of Notre Dame
Major: Government and International Studies, 2nd Major: French, Minor: Peace Studies
- Chong DY, Macwilliams BA, Hennessey TA, Teske N, Stevens PM (2015). Prospective comparison of subtalar arthroereisis with lateral column lengthening for painful flatfeet. J Pediatr Orthop B, 24(4), 345-53.
- Hyman JE, Trupia EP, Wright ML, Matsumoto H, Jo CH, Mulpuri K, Joseph B, Kim HKW, International Perthes Study Group Members (2015). Interobserver and Intraobserver Reliability of the Modified Waldenstrom Classification System for Staging of Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 97(8), 643-650.
- Sant DW, Margraf RL, Stevenson DA, Grossmann AH, Viskochil DH, Hanson H, Everitt MD, Rios JJ, Elefteriou F, Hennessey TA, Mao R (01/22/2015). Evaluation of somatic mutations in tibial pseudarthrosis samples in neurofibromatosis type 1. J Med Genet, 10.1136, 1-6.
- Carroll KL, Murray KA, MacLeod LM, Hennessey TA, Woiczik MR, Roach JW (2011). Measurement of the center edge angle and determination of the Severin classification using digital radiography, computer-assisted measurement tools, and a Severin algorithm: intraobserver and interobserver reliability revisited. J Pediatr Orthop, 31(4), e30-5.
- Eckhoff MD, Hennessey TA (). Open Reduction of Pediatric Lateral Condyle Fractures: A Systematic Review (SAE-2020-238). Shoulder & Elbow.
- Hennessey TA, Thompson GH (2005). The Limping Child. In Burg, Ingelfinger, Polin and Gershon (Eds.), Current Pediatric Therapy (18th edition). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Publishers.
- Wilber JH, Hennessey TA (2005). Initial Assessment and Management of the Multiple-Injured Patient with Orthopaedic Injuries. In Fonseca et al (Ed.), Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma (Third Edition). Saunders Publishers.
Peds Ortho-Riverton Primary
3773 W. 12600 S.
Riverton UT 84065