Alan K. Stotts, MD
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Alan Stotts, Professor (clinical) specializes in pediatric orthopaedic surgery, with fellowship training in the full spectrum of childhood orthopaedic conditions. Dr. Stotts’ clinical interests include the treatment of children with congenital and developmental orthopaedic conditions, neuromuscular disease, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and the acute management of fractures and injuries. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He completed his orthopaedic residency training at John Peter Smith Hospital, in Fort Worth, Texas, and received subspecialty training with a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Primary Children’s Hospital and Shriners Hospital for Children. Dr. Stotts serves as the Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Utah, the Chairman of the Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics at Primary Children’s Hospital and the Orthopaedic Surgery Vice Chair for Education at the University. He is the Richard L. Stimson Presidential Endowed Chair in Orthopaedics at the University. Dr. Stotts also consults for the State of Utah Children with Special Healthcare Needs program serving St. George and Vernal. Dr. Stotts practices through the University of Utah School of Medicine at the Primary Children's Hospital (both the main campus and the Riverton campus) and sees adult patients with cerebral palsy at the University Orthopaedic Center. Dr. Stotts also serves as an orthopaedic surgeon at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Academic Departments Orthopaedics - Professor (Clinical)
Board Certification American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship University of Utah School of Medicine
Residency Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals
Internship John Peter Smith Hospital
Professional Medical University of Texas Health Science Center
Undergraduate Northwestern University
- Carroll KL, Stotts AK, Baird GO, Thorman AL, Talmage M, Moss WD, McMulkin ML, MacWilliams BA (2021). Factors Influencing Outcomes of the Dysplastic Hip in Nonambulatory Children With Cerebral Palsy. (Epub ahead of print) J Pediatr Orthop.
- Makarewich CA, Stotts AK, Yoo M, Nelson RE, Rothberg DL (2019). Inpatient Versus Outpatient Treatment of Gartland Type II Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: A Cost and Safety Comparison. J Pediatr Orthop, 40(5), 211-217.
- Kohring JM, Harrast JJ, Stotts AK, Zhang C, Millar MM, Presson AP, Saltzman CL (2019). Resident Independence Performing Common Orthopaedic Procedures at the End of Training: Perspective of the Graduated Resident. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 102(1), e2.
- Stotts AK, Kohring JM, Presson AP, Millar MM, Harrast JJ, Van Heest AE, Zhang C, Saltzman CL (2019). Perceptions of the Recommended Resident Experience with Common Orthopaedic Procedures: A Survey of Program Directors and Early Practice Surgeons. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 101(113), e63.
- MacWilliams BA, Stotts AK, Carroll KL, DAstous JL (2016). Utilization and efficacy of computational gait analysis for hamstring lengthening surgery. Gait Posture, 49, 394-397.
- Stotts AK, Klatt JWB (09/01/2012). Pediatric diaphyseal femoral fractures. Current Orthopaedic Practice, 23(5), 406-408.
- Stotts AK, Stevens PM (2009). Tibial rotational osteotomy with intramedullary nail fixation. Strategies Trauma Limb Reconstr, 4(3), 129-33.
- Junkins EP Jr, Stotts A, Santiago R, Guenther E (2008). The Clinical Presentation of Pediatric Thoracolumbar Fractures: A Prospective Study. J Trauma, 65(5), 1066-71.
- Stevens PM, Stotts AK (2010). Toe Deformities. In James J. McCarthy, MD; James C. Drennan, MD (Eds.), Drennan's The Child's Foot and Ankle (Second, pp. 280-289). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Segundas Jornadas de Ortopedia Infantil/Partners of the Americas Compañeros de las Americas Alianza Bolivia-Utah. "Idiopathic Scoliosis".La Paz, Bolivia - Global
- Segundas Jornadas de Ortopedia Infantil/Partners of the Americas Compañeros de las Americas Alianza Bolivia-Utah. "Treatment Strategies For DDH". La Paz, Bolivia - Global
- Soddo Christian Hospital. "Evaluation of the limping child". Soddo, Ethiopia - Global
- 07/20/2015 Physician Medical Mission at Soddo Christian Hospital in Soddo, Ethiopia. (2 weeks) - Ethiopia
100 N. Mario Capecchi Dr
SLC UT 84113
Peds Ortho-Riverton Primary
3773 W. 12600 S.
Riverton UT 84065
Peds Ortho Outreach
Tricounty Health Dept.
133 S 500 E
Vernal UT 84078
Peds Ortho Outreach clinic
1380 E Medical Center Drive
St.George UT 84790